Just a few bullet points to show in what a crazy world we live. When the music stops, I hope you are in the few asset classes that are hard assets.
- MMT - we print money like in Weimar and create zombie companies, mountains of debt, etc. and thing stock markets will go up forever
- Coronavirus disrupts supply chains, but hey we need no workers, no running production for share prices to go up; car sales cratered 90% in January in China; BMW shuts down a factory? All positive for the stock market
- Bad news is good news -- hoping for eternal rate cuts
- Negative interest rates -- we did not have this insanity in the last 2000 years
- Political correctness - even though pragmatic common sense and science disagrees
- Geopolitical madness wherever you look; do you think the army of people about to enter the EU and live on welfare matters? Syria?
- .. to be continued
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools. - Hemingway